There are 100’s of articles and videos talking about how to add Linked Profile Button to your Email signature. It is pretty straightforward. Here I’ll show you how to add a Linked Profile Button to your Gmail Signature.
- Navigate to https://www.linkedin.com/profile/profile-badges and select an image of your choice. Now extract image URL from the code ex:
<a href="http://in.linkedin.com/pub/syed-hussaini/4a/a7b/495"> <img src="https://static.licdn.com/scds/common/u/img/webpromo/btn_viewmy_160x33.png" width="160" height="33" border="0" alt="View Syed Hussaini's profile on LinkedIn"> </a>
- Let us copy the link [https://static.licdn.com/scds/common/u/img/webpromo/btn_viewmy_160x33.png] for the picture only.
- Now, navigate to Gmail settings (Not account, but mail settings)
- Scroll down and locate Signature area and click on Picture button in signature editor
- Paste Image URL that you’ve copied here
- Click on OK. Select the picture and click on Link option in the signature editor
- Now, navigate to your LinkedIn Profile and copy the link right below your image in LinkedIn Profile. If you copy your profile URL from the address bar, it would require a person to login to LinkedIn to view your profile, whereas if you copy the link below your picture it would be available publicly and would not require a person to login to LinkedIn to view your profile.
- Now, paste this URL in the Link box Web Address and click OK
- Now scroll down and click on “Save & Close” button.
You shall now have the LinkedIn profile button in your email signature. Send a test mail to yourself and test the link to see if you have implemented it correctly.
Did you Find it helpful? drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day.