Joomla 3.4.4 has been released which is a security release. Joomla Team highly recommends all the Joomla Website owners to update quickly to this newer version of Joomla.
Version 3.4.4 also addresses the followinf issues:
- en-GB language cleanup
- MSSQL and PostgresSQL Joomla installation fixes
- jQuery, HTML5Shiv and CodeMirror updates
- Finished implementing the Joomla! codestyle rules
- List of all Joomla 3.4.x issues reported over GITHub has been fixed.
- Low Priority – Core – XSS Vulnerability.
Refer this link for known issues with the 3.4.4 release on the Joomla documentation site.
Overview of the Changes in Menus
Always backup your Site before performing any kind of maintanence or applying any updates or pacthes. Refer this Article: One Click Backup for Joomla
- Login to your Joomla Administration and you’ll notice a red ribbon with an alert to Update your Joomla Site.
- If you do not find it, simply click on Components Menu and Navigate to Joomla Update option
- Click on Update Now button
- Now click on Install the Update button
- Wait for the operation to complete and DO NOT Navigate to Other windows while update is in progress
- You shall soon see a message that the update has been successfully deployed.
To check whether your site is on Joomla 3.4.4, simply look towards to bottom right side of your screen and you shall noticce the Joomla Version as 3.4.4
If you face any difficulty while updating your Joomla Site to Joomla 3.4.4, drop me a line and I will be happy to help you.
Did you find it helpful? Drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day.