Yes, you read it right, we now have a great solution that offers a one click backup of all your wordpress site files and database.
Akeeba Backup Core for WordPress is an open-source backup plugin for WordPress, quite a bit different than its competition. Creates a site backup that can be restored on any WordPress-capable server. It creates a full backup of your site in a single archive. The archive contains all the files, a database snapshot and a web installer which is as easy to use as WordPress' famous five minute installation procedure.
The backup and restore process is AJAX powered to avoid server timeouts, even with huge sites. Alternatively, you can make a backup of only your database, or only your files. If you want a reliable, easy to use, open source backup solution for your WordPress site, try Akeeba Backup today.
Following steps shall get you started.
- Install Akeeba Backup for WordPress either via the WordPress.org plugin directory
- Alternately you can upload the files to your server in /wp-content/plugins/akeebabackupwp directory to manually install Akeeba.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- You will see the Akeeba Backup icon in your sidebar, below the Plugins section in the wp-admin area of your site. Click on it.
- Click on the Configuration Wizard button and site back while the plugin configures itself automatically.
- Every time you want to take a backup, click on the big blue Backup Now button in the plugin's interface.
- Are you reading this point, if yes, you shall be happy by now with this simple solution.
Did you Find it helpful?, drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day.