Joomla 3.6 has brought so much greats stuff inside the hood for us. However along with great things there are some issues that we may need to take care of.
Here is something most of us may experience when we upgrade from older versions of Joomla to Joomla 3.6.x. When trying to install any new extensions we may come across an error on screen with no options to select from.
No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.
- Access your Joomla Administratior.
- Go to Extensions >> Manage >> Discover
- Click on Discover button (top left)
You should now have some of the extensions listed among which you may also see some beginning with “Install –“. Select all of them and click Install on top. After you have installed them successfully, you need to enable them from the plugins manager.
- Go to Extensions >> Plugins
- Search for the plugins you’ve just installed and enable them.
- Now visit the Extensions >> Install to confirm that the fix is working.
Applicable to: Joomla 3.x.x
If you face any difficulty while deploying this fix, drop me a line and I will be happy to help you. Did you find it helpful? Drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day.